The Jingili School Community Council is incorporated under the Education Act. It is made up of representatives of the whole school community who are committed to the school and to involving more parents and teachers in the decision making process.
The council has responsibilities in the areas of:
· advising the principal about the educational needs of the community through the action a planning process
· building links between parents, the community and the school
· determining community use of facilities
· maintenance of buildings and grounds
· representation on the selection of senior school staff
The council meets once a month on a Tuesday evening. All parents are encouraged to attend meetings although only Council members have voting rights. The council puts in place ‘project teams’ as the need arises.